Members of Trinity Lutheran Church,
First, in response COVID-19, I want to encourage everyone who is part of an at-risk group to stay home from worship and meetings and other gatherings. The CDC website states, “Older adults and people who have severe underlying chronic medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness. Please consult with your health care provider about additional steps you may be able to take to protect yourself.” One of those steps may be staying home from worship, where we are almost always within six feet of one another. We want you to take care of yourselves.
Going forward, the Prayer of the Day, Scripture Lessons, and my sermon can be found every Monday morning on my blog: www.megganmanlove.com
Our Church Council will meet after worship Sunday to create a plan for the next chapter of our life together, dealing with COVID-19.
Now I want to update you on changes being made in Trinity’s worship service:
- Worshipers are encouraged to wash their hands before entering the sanctuary.
- Ushers and Greeters will not shake hands. They will greet and direct with words only.
- We will not Pass the Peace with physical touch. Be creative. Make the peace sign. Put your hand on your heart. Bow. Make eye-contact with your neighbor.
- We will not pass the offering plates. They will be in the back of the sanctuary so you can drop off your offering on your way back from Holy Communion.
- Everyone who serves Holy Communion will disinfect their hands right before serving.
- I will give instructions for Holy Communion that will decrease physical touch and I will remind everyone that you participate fully in the sacrament even if you only take the bread or wine.
- I will not shake hands as you depart the sanctuary.
Helpful links: CDC https://www.cdc.gov
Idaho Department of Health and Welfare https://healthandwelfare.idaho.gov